Try these 8 Cleaning Tips that will save Time and Money in Birmingham AL. These tips will save you time, energy and money when trying to keep your home in order.
- Dust Ceiling Fans - To quickly clean the dust from a ceiling fan, slip a spare pillowcase over the ceiling fan blade and slowly pull it off. Continue for each blade. If fan is really dusty, shake pillowcase outside to remove dust.
- Clean Up Pet Fur – Do you have furry pets in your home? A rubber glove or shower squeegee will remove fur from carpets, furniture, and other surfaces. Just wipe the areas and hair will collect right onto the glove or squeegee.
- Clean Dirty Blinds – Use two socks to clean dirty blinds; one wet and one dry. Dip one sock in equal parts water and vinegar, and run your hand over your blind slants to clean. Use the other sock to wipe dry.
- Fill Small Holes in the Wall - If you have small holes from nails in your wall and you don’t have any spackling compound, try white (not gel) toothpaste. It works great!
- Clean Glass Lamp Shades - Put glass shades in the top rack of your dishwasher and run a normal cycle to get them sparkling clean.
- Dust a Fabric Lamp Shade - To remove dusty grime from a fabric or paper lampshade, just run a lint roller over it.
- Make Your Own Household Air Freshener and Linen Spray - Mix 1 cup water, 1 tablespoon vodka, and 1/4 teaspoon essential oil in a spray bottle to freshen up her home. This also works well on a musty mattress or smelly upholstery.
- Make Your Own Carpet Cleaner – To get stains out of your carpet, try this easy carpet cleaner recipe. Mix 1/3 part of a bottle of 16 oz. hydrogen peroxide (usually comes in a dark brown bottle) with 2/3 part water. Then add five drops of lemon essential oil. Shake well and pour into a spray bottle. Spray on the carpet and let it set for a few minutes. Lightly rub the stained area. Re-apply if needed. Use a clean rag to blot any extra liquid.
If you don’t have time to try these 8 Cleaning Tips to save Time and Money in Birmingham AL, you can always call Heaven’s Best Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning to help clean your carpets, floors or upholstery. Along with cleaning carpets, we also clean Hardwood Floors, Tile and Grout, and Upholstered furniture. Our professional cleaning solutions will make your carpets and upholstery look and smell clean. Our floor cleaning products will make your tile and grout sparkle and your hardwood floors shine. All major manufactures of carpet recommend it be professionally cleaned at least once a year. Don’t wait any longer to schedule your yearly carpet cleaning. Call Heaven’s Best Carpet Cleaning today at (205) 618-9150.